Thursday, August 23, 2007

Such mixed emotions on my birth day!

I am excited to have been around for another year. This marks 27! However, I learned just yesterday that our paperwork has not been sent to VN. I received an email from our agency stating that they planned to send our dossier next week and that they were waiting on other families before sending it. This was very disappointing to me since I was under the impression our paperwork was already being translated if not finished by now. Also, all the other families have been getting new pictures, but we haven't. My heart breaks for my little boy. Oh, how I long to hold him and give him lots of kisses and hugs.

On a brighter note, I was very proud to know that my brother(24) actually remembered my birthday! He called my mom earlier in the week to know what we were going to do to celebrate. When he asked me what I wanted as a gift, I told him I was just glad to know he remembered. You know I expect my folks and my husband to remember but anyone else is just a plus! Oh, and just so you know, my mom will be cooking supper for us all! Thank you Lord! My children also prepared breakfast for me this morning and have been giving me kisses and hugs all morning. They are such blessings. I will continue to wait "patiently" for more news of Samuel and celebrate my time here on earth.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I read both posts but I'll comment here! I got the same email about waiting for other families. I guess ours will be going out in the same batch. Whoever they're waiting for better hurry the heck up! :)

I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat for an update. Looking forward to posting something cute of that sweet little boy of yours!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I know they do that a lot and it's just not right. They did this to us as well. Katie said they would NOT hold up one family for another BUT then she held our acceptance papers almost a week (that we know of).

Anywho, I will say a little prayer for that other family to speed up or for Dillon to do the right thing