Friday, February 22, 2008

Wow is all I can say!!

I am typing this from the Rex hotel with my sweet son sitting contentedly in my lap. He has been a dream. He pees, poops, brushes teeth and bathes all without incident! This is absolutlely wonderful. For you NT families let me tell you the nannies are great!!! The hotel is an absolute beach front dream and cheap! We spent roughly 150.00 bucks for two nights, a tour, laundry and phone calls home! We can't even get one night in the states for that! The hotel is gorgeous and the people are kind.
Samuel really kinda kept his distance yesterday. He ate great and was no problem. We hit the road for the seven hour journey back and he and Thomas (another NT guy) did absolutely great. About half way Tam (Samuel) climbed out of my lap and onto the seat between us and proceeded to throw up. We stopped, cleaned him up and changed him and kept going. A couple of hours later he again climbed out of my lap and threw up. Do I have a thoughtful son or what? I think he got a little motion sick because let me tell you the ride was rough!!!! I can't begin to count the number of times I saw my life flash before my eyes! If ever I lived here I would have to have a driver because I could never do it. Brother Andy, I think you might could be my driver! The rule is there are no rules, you drive at top speed and toot your horn as you pass cars. When you meet a car you wait until the last possible moment to get over and if you are the bigger vehicle they have to get over. =)
Anyway, so today we have run all over creation applying for this and doing that but it has been great. Tam has really warmed up to us and is making much more eye contact and talking to us. He follows Jim like a shadow. He loves to play ball with us. Last night he slept like a dream. He is a very shy child and will not make eye contact with others, even Vietnamese. We have been teaching him to eat with a fork. It's not that he doesn't know how, but he is used to being fed. At lunch today he was able to spear his fruit and eat it himself.
Blake, he really likes cars so you guys should have a great time together. Grace, I have some really pretty dresses just foryou. Anyway, we are about to go to dinner. I know this utopia will problay end soon, but boy is this child just easy.
Bonnie, I am glad to hear what you are having. A boy for Randy to play with will be fun. Hope all is going well and i will update again tomorrow. Maybe then I can post a picture.

8 comments:

Nadra said...

Amy...it sounds liks things are going great. I'm so happy that Samuel is finally with his family. Enjoy the rest of your tine in Vietnam.

IntegrityG said...

Okay...operator error....tried to post 3 times... I sent you an email. I LOVE YOU and am very very happy for you all!!!!! HEY SAMUEL!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys...am thrilled to read of your exciting travels and events...can't believe you finally have Samuel...God is sooooo good!...miss seeing your faces at Church...can't wait to see that sweet new face...love ya'll...get home soon.
Carol
P.S. Hope Mike gets the message about the flight arrangements!

Julie said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well.

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

OH, Amy, how exciting, how blessed you are indeed. I pray you continue to see the LORD in every step of the remainder of your journey.
And, yes! We are ready for pictures.
Blessings,
Robbie

Leigh said...

Glad you made it safely back to the REX. I blogged about the crazy bus rides too! Just keep singing, "Jesus take the wheel..."

I'm enjoying your journey. Glad all is going well!

Laura said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're all (especially Samuel) doing well! I do remember him as a very shy little boy, but he sure did come out of his shell with Alex, as I'm sure he will with you in time. Have fun in Saigon!

Scott and Leslie said...

Glad that things are going primarily well. Sorry that Samuel got so motion sickness. That long drive sure is an unpleasant one. We left Can Tho at 9:00 at night. Imagine seeing headlights in all directions:)). Yikes!!!! Post as often as you can.