Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa

I know the topic of Santa is sometimes controversial, especially in Christian circles. However, our family hasn't gotten the memo yet I don't think. My kids know that we have Daddy Clause. Daddy buys to gifts to bless his children. Even so, we still sit on Santa's lap and when folks ask what the kids want Santa to bring they tell them. Well tonight we had a moment that just tickled me. Grace was telling Granny that Daddy was Santa and he brought the gifts and then five seconds later she looks out the window and says "I see him!" We came home and got on the computer to track Santa. Blake of course wanted to look at all the info, but Grace said, "I don't have time for this. I'm going to bed." Is that girl not a hoot.
Samuel is taking this Christmas thing in stride. He opens one present after another, not even really paying attention to what he opened. Their favorite gifts of the night: Blake, his set of three pocket knives from my brother; Grace, her make-up from the same brother; Samuel, his nerf gun (He's already shot Blake in the eye) from my sister. I can just hear it now "You'll shoot your eye out!" Let's hope things go better tomorrow when Blake opens his real gun. I will update again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, we don't play up Santa too much, but the kids hear things at school. Kati knows, too, but chooses to pretend. It makes it fun. I am glad you all had a Merry Christmas!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

It looks like fun at your house. I love the photo of Blake at the dome.
Blessings,
Robbie