Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankful for...

I am so thankful for a wonderful friend who calls to say she was thinking of me. This is a dear friend that I have known for years, but don't get to see that often. This has been an especially rough week dealing with the cut in pay on top of all the extra expectations. The state has furloughed teachers, which has caused a cut in pay, but still his job demands extra work on the weekends and such. Not to mention that the band puts in as much work as the football team and is expected to travel to all games, but can barely make ends meet. Then you have the football team that is fed steak dinners and charters busses to play-off games. This whole inequality really stinks!!! Sorry for that soap box, but it does make me feel better to get it off my chest.

Anyway, the song "Showers of Blessings" has been going thru my head all day. I have been blessed in so many ways. God is so good to me, but I can't help but continue singing the last part: "but for the showers we plead." God, I am pleading for more showers because I know You are the giver of good gifts.

Speaking about blessings I want to tell you about someone with lots of blessings. A friend of mine has her plate full with blessings!! She has a set of twins who are 4 and the little boy has had different medical problems all his life. The biggest has been the fact that he needed a kidney transplant. And guess what... He got it!!!! Yippee Jesus!! Riley will be coming home from the hospital hopefully on Monday. Wow what a Thanksgiving. But the story gets better, his mom is scheduled for a c-section this Wednesday!!!! Talk about blessings. Her little boy healthy with a new kidney and now another little addition. I hope they name the things they are thankful for after they eat, if not the food will be really cold by the time they get to it. LOL!!!

I pray you will count your blessings and be thankful!

Okay, I have to post this! I was so whiny earlier and then read thru some other blogs I follow and was convicted. Here I am worried about steak dinners and chartered busses and there are people out there with REAL concerns. Please forgive me and then go over and read Kati's blog: http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

I just love it when God says, "Call," and following the call, you know it was God who said, "Call." I'm thankful for a BIG Savior who speaks, for Riley's kidney, for happy endings.