Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Mother's Day...

I just want to start out by saying how much I enjoy Mother's Day. As long as I can remember I have always wanted to be a mom and even now when I contemplate what I might "do" with my life I can't think of anything else. This year was a great day. We got up and went to church and then to my grandmother's for lunch with the extended family. After that we went back home and Jim took over the kids and I napped and just relaxed. Truly the whole day was wonderful. However, I couldn't help but think about the children who have no mother to celebrate. No one to make cards for or give sloppy kisses to. In particular I thought about my sweet Ruby Faith who is now 5 years old and from what I know has never been able to call someone Mom. Please pray with me that she will find a family and someone to be able to call her own. I know that some of you are not called to adopt, but that doesn't exuse you from carrying out James 1:27. This week I urge each of you to search you hearts and pray and seek God's plan for you to carry out this command.

No comments: