Friday, August 5, 2011

Aaahhh, fresh and clean....

That would be our drinking water that is now fresh and clean. For about a year now I have wanted to purchase a water filtering system. I had found one I liked, but due to the fact it was a couple of hundred dollars I knew my sweetie would not go for it.

So I prayed...

I waited...

I contemplated buying it anyway...

And I waited....

Then we moved to a new house and I had put a filter on the back burner. Until...........

We found that the town we live in now has brown water!!!! The city provides whole house filtering systems, but one half of the house had been missed. This happened to be the half with the kitchen.

Jim decided that we needed a filtering system for drinking purposes until the whole house thing can be installed. We buy a Brita pitcher and things are better.

Then I begin giving him bits of information about how a pitcher doesn't filter all of the heavy metals and toxins from the water. So then he thinks that yes, maybe we do need a better filtering system.

So today..... My sweet UPS man delivers.........


This is my Berkey Light water filtration system. It is a gravity filtration system so I don't have to worry if the electricity goes out. Also this system is so good that it will even filter food coloring out of water!!! All this means that if for some reason the power is out for an extended period of time (i.e. natural disaster) I can use any water (pond, puddles, etc.) in this system and have clean drinking water.

Many missionaries use this system or one of the related systems out in the mission field. I am so thrilled about this that I just had to share!!!

No comments: