Monday, November 21, 2011

Gearing up...

I have spent the last couple of days gearing up for the holiday season. While we are on break and I am home I have decorated the house, wrapped over half the gifts and readied my Christmas cards. I know, I know it's not even Thanksgiving. I didn't want to be rushed and hectic and worried about these things so when time was available I started in.

See the rest of this week is going to be spent preparing to feed 500 people Thanksgiving lunch. Our Sunday School class started this last year and it was a success. This year we are expecting at least 500. It is really exciting to plan and prepare. After Thanksgiving our class then has to put together the float for the annual Christmas parade the next week. So by the time these two projects are done, it will be mid-December (well feel like it anyway). That is the reason for the early start.

I want to be able to spend the month of December truly focusing on Christ. Yes, focusing on His birth, but more importantly why that birth is such a big deal. Think about it, Jesus willingly left perfection to come here??? I mean really, have you looked around??? He must have been crazy, right? Yes, He was. Crazy in love with you and me that He gave up Heaven to walk here on earth. Thank you Jesus for being born and then dying for me!!! May I daily die to self to please YOU!!

1 comment:

Leveta said...

Amy:
So true and such a neat way to express the coming of our savior.
Leveta-wife to Carl, mom to Chad 19 (bio) and Sam 15 and Kaitrin 12 both from India through Dillon International