Monday, December 5, 2011

Busy weekend...

Okay, due to technical difficulty there are no pictures to go with this post. Hopefully soon either my camera or blogger will cooperate. Anywho, last Thursday our church put together a float for the local Christmas parade. We decided to do "Sweet on Jesus" and do a candyland type float. It turned out really good to be made almost entirely out of paper products!!! We received second place. {First place was a business that has plenty of money to throw at a float :) }

I had just a bit of down time before gearing up for another local Christmas parade and festival. My grandmother was mayor of this little town for the past 7 years. This was her final year in office. I know that even though she didn't get to see all the festivities, she would have been proud with how it turned out. This day was kinda fun because I got to see my 5 month old niece with Santa. Surprisingly she didn't cry, but just kinda looked at him.

Sunday, the day of the festival, also happened to be Samuel's birthday!!! We told him all the people came to town just to see him. :) Because the day was so hectic and dad was out of town playing for the governor, we decided to celebrate his birthday today. So tonight we went over to my mom's for cake.

This birthday has been pretty tough for me. I mean, my baby is 7!!!! I have really been desiring to adopt again and after his birthday, the desire is even stronger. I'm almost in tears sitting here thinking about it.

One more day of craziness will be tomorrow. The kids are going to spend the day with my mom, while I travel to Atlanta to help process Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. I know this will be loads of fun. I can't wait to get back up there and help!!!

Hope everyone else is having as much fun as I am this Christmas season!!!

No comments: