Saturday, February 15, 2014

Completion...

That's kind of how I feel about Sarah Joy's adoption. 

 I find the timing perfect, just like God who orchestrated it.  You see it was ten years ago that God planted the seed of adoption in my heart.  Friends had just returned from China with their first sweet treasure on Valentine's day.  I met her a few days later and knew that's what God wanted us to do.  

I prayed, I begged, I wept, and I dreamed.  Even so, Jim was not ready.  

We went on a mission trip to China.  That is where God gave me her name, Sarah Joy.  But still nothing on the adoption front. 

 A few years later God opened the door for adoption and we brought home our Samuel.  Looking back, I realized that Samuel was conceived at the time God placed adoption on my heart. 

 Even so, I knew God still had Sarah Joy for us somewhere.  

Time moved on.  

Then one day as I was looking at waiting children, I was drawn to her sweet face.  I knew that was our Sarah Joy!!  

I find it fitting that her Gotcha Day will coincide with when God placed her in my heart.  

It has taken 10 years, but God has been faithful to fulfill His promise.  Oh praise HIM!!! 

 Please join us in prayer as we prepare to leave at the end of the month to bring our treasure home.

No comments: