Friday, February 29, 2008

Some fun adventures...

Okay Leanne, this first picture is for you. You were so concerned with what we had to eat around here. Well, here is the snack wine. No we didn't drink any, but I thought you might enjoy the picture.

For everyone else here is a new picture. This was taken earlier today. As you can see Samuel is really doing well. Today we took a taxi to the Big C which is kinda like a Wal-Mart. That in itself was interesting, three adults and two children in the back seat and Jim in the front with the driver. Talking about tight. Anyway, we got there and they had moving sidewalks that went uphill. I felt so much like Glenda on her trip to Ridgecrest. I was so out of my element. Anyway, Dawn told me that they are magnetic so the buggies attach when you bring them down. It was pretty cool. So we go through the market and buy a few groceries so that we can come back and cook. We bought some ham, corn on the cob, and a few boxed things. I really liked the market. I would have liked to look around more, but Thomas couldn't handle it. We paid for our things and then went down to KFC for lunch.
We got back to the hotel and just hung out for a while. Then we met up with the Lee's and walked around the streets for a while. When we returned I made spaghetti in our kitchen. Now this was no ordinary meal. I cooked the entire thing with chopsticks. I know that doesn't seem difficult, but my mother in law would be proud. We ate and Samuel ate two full bowls. I think we have finally filled him up. Just as I was leaving to come post I blew him a kiss and he blew me one back. That was so sweet. This little boy is absolutely wonderful. He is truly 100% boy, but a dream all the same.
There has been no word on a flight. Todd is hoping to get something, but I guess we will have to wait and see. Anyway, things here are going great.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I love the pictures! Isn't amazing all the scary stuff you see "pickeled" in jars? Yeck!

What a handsome boy! I am so thankful all is going well for you all.

Praying for a safe and speedy trip home!

Laura said...

My parents actually tried the scorpion wine... I just couldn't bring myself to do it!
Kudos to you for your "home cooking"! We didn't discover all of the familiar ingredients lurking in the grocery store below us until our last night in Hanoi. At that point, PB&J sounded really good!
I hope to hear that you're headed home soon... I know how hard it can be to be separated from the babies left behind.