Monday, August 24, 2009

A Very Happy Birthday...

Yesterday was my birthday!!! Yeah another year here!! Anyway, we got up and headed to church as usual for Sunday. My mom and Betsy called to tell me Happy Birthday. After church we headed to eat. We just went to the DQ but my sweet son had planned a surprise party and there were a few people there to celebrate with us. He was a lot sneakier this year and I didn't know anything was up until the day before, but didn't know what it was.
Anyway, after lunch we went back to church to hang out because the kids had to be there early for their play. Grace and Sam's group sang first. They were so cute, but their great big yawns let on it had been a long day.
Then came the big kids. Blake was asked to play King Josiah and since it happened to fall on my birthday it was a complete surprise to me. He memorized all of his lines and his two solos right by himself. He did such a great job. There was one funny time when he tripped up on his lines and just stopped and said "Blah" and kept agoing. The play was great and all the kids did a fabulous job. It was the best birthday ever!!!
A rainbow the kids and I saw the other day!

1 comment:

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Happy Birthday...wish I had been at DQ!
Still trying to figure out how to write on someone's wall...LOL