Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Exciting Change...

Well, I am excited to say that change is in the air for us! We have considered rejoining the military for the past couple of years. Each year I am so excited and ready, only to have Jim say not yet. Well, after our visit with his brother( who has just retired Navy) back in August, Jim was again talking military. Of course I was ready but not hopeful. Within a couple of days he's ready to order audition music. Okay great a step in the right direction. So I find the contact information for obtaining an audition and let him know I have it when he's ready. He comes to me and says he's ready, so I give him the number. The next day he calls the number and leaves a message. He doesn't hear from them so he calls again and emails them!!! I was blown away!

So now we have heard from the Army and know what we have to do for that audition. Now we are waiting to hear from the Navy and see what is expected. Please pray that God will guide this decision. We want to do only what He wants. Please pray for us as well. As excited as I am, I am also a bit hesitant. I have lived so close to all my family for the past 12 years that it will be a huge adjustment for me and the kids. However, as I sit and listen to Jim play his trumpet as the praise band practices, I am reminded of why we have considered this. He has such a gift and we want to use that to shine Jesus' light!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Very cool! Would he be teaching or what? I don't know much about how that works...