Tuesday, January 25, 2011

His Voice...

Okay many of you read in my recent post about my heart's desire to adopt again. I know that this is God's plan for our life, but right now it seems so impossible. I feel like I may never have the privilege to adopt again. I had prayed and prayed for God to give me just a small glimpse of hope and here was what he gave me:

Jeremiah 29:11-14 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you

When I first saw this in my devotional this week I was like "yeah, yeah, I've read that. I know God has a plan for me." Truly my heart was not really into it. But as I began to read God spoke to my heart and gave me just the small whisper I needed that this season was not forever. He promises to restore my fortunes (to me that means getting out of debt and finding affordable housing). Also, to gather us from all nations. Praise Jesus!! Jim and I have joked about a multi-cultural family, but I truly do think God will give us a very diverse family. Please pray with me that I can continue to seek Him.

No comments: