Friday, March 21, 2008

One month old...

So our family of five is now one month old. I can't believe we have had Samuel for that long. And then again it feels like we have had him forever. We celebrated the day by going to McDonald's for lunch, Sonic for afternoon snack and out to dinner with friends. A busy but fun day. Some highlights: At lunch Samuel actually bowed his head and folded his hands for the blessing. This was a first. Usually he just sits there and watches. The second major thing was that he actually sat on his bed for about 20 minutes during rest time. Big brother was on his so Samuel decided to join him rather than sit in my lap. Woo-Hoo! That might not seem like much but it is huge for us. He even played dress up with Grace this afternoon. He loved the halo and walked around and even went to Sonic with the halo. This really tickled her that he entered into her world.
This day has made me realize that even though there are days I would rather duck tape their mouths and staple them to the wall =), I am truly blessed. God is the Father of perfect gifts and my wonderful husband and three amazing children are definately from above. Thank you Lord for Your amazing gifts. This is most definately a Good Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tina said...

Love the picture of the kids. I showed Alex. I explained to him that Tam's name is now Samuel. I think he got it. He started calling him Samuel. If you call Alex Hung he'll say I not Hung I Alex Scott.

Tina

Willis said...

I love seeing the picture of your children! I especially love seeing Samuel with his family. I'll never forget him and Alex in the orphanage together. They were such buds. I hope they can meet and play together again. One day I'd like to get our Ninh Thuan boys together.

Heather (Rocco's mom)