Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Three sweet babies...



Here is a recent picture of my three sweet babies on Samuel's first Sunday. Are they not the cutest thing you have ever seen. Let me tell you this adoption has been one of the best things for us. It has so impacted our church family and friends as well as our own two little ones. Sure we have had our issues. Grace especially is jealous and feels left out as the only girl, but we are slowly overcoming this. Right now as I post they are all sitting on my bed with Blake reading them stories for quiet time.

Samuel is really adjusting well. He still has moments where he kinda shuts down. For instance, last night Jim took something from him because he wasn't to have it. Then when it was dinner time he would not come to the table. I had to pick him up and put him in his chair. He didn't eat. Finally when we were through I put him in Jim's lap and he fed him and all was well. I think it takes him seeing that we are not giving in to his demands, but we still love him the same. Typical three year old.

We also had another interesting dinner moment. Grace was not allowed to eat last night because she had invited the neighbor girl over without asking. We had warned her before if she did that she would have to give up her meal for Kasey to eat. Well, Kasey didn't come over, but Grace didn't eat. Now let me tell you that hit home for her. Then Jim gave up his plate so Grace could eat. That then led to a teachable moment about Jesus giving up His life for us. Not sure if she got the significance of Daddy giving up his plate, but it did lead to one more plug for Jesus. She has been asking a lot of questions lately, so I just pray that she is understanding.

Blake has recently finished his Awana hiker book and has started the workbook. He is so excited to be doing that. He really devours scripture. I just pray we can keep up with him. All is well.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad to hear that Samuel is adjusting so well! Three year old boys are such a blast - especially when they're feeling good.
Kudos to you for holding your ground over the dinner issue! We had a similar situation probably 2 months ago where Daddy took the consequences our kids deserved, and wow did it make an impact. They still talk about it, and we try to reinforce that Jesus did the same for all of our sins. I have a feeling that your kids will remember this too.

Nadra said...

Beautiful kiddos Amy. Thanks for sharing.

Tina said...

Great pictures of your family. Thanks for the update. By the way Alex still shuts down from time to time. Becoming less frequent but he does shutdown. I just make a point of going and getting him and holding him and reassuring him when I see him shutting down.

Tina