Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Home sweet home...


Mr. Joe Thomas Cauley

My daddy is finally home! They released him today and he is home and sleeping. It's really been a whirlwind. On his discharge papers they have 5 different reasons for hospitalization and that is only because they ran out of room. He has also been given 7 new perscriptions to add to the seemingly 500 he already takes. I think to docs have done all they can do so all we can do is try to help him along. His days are better but the nights are bad. He has developed a form of dementia that kicks in at night. Let me tell you he can come up with some stuff. All in all it is nice to be home. It makes for a closer drive for me to check on him and my momma can somewhat get on with her life also.



A few prayer requests. My step-siblings lost their step-father last night. This has been rough on them. For several weeks we have been tied up with our dad and now they lose their step-father. Please remember them in prayer.

Also, the father of one of my very best friends has been sick. We've joked about how much our husbands, who work together, have been single dads lately as we care for our fathers. Anyway, Jim got a call from my friend's husband tonight that says they got some bad news and would be traveling to Alabama tomorrow. I haven't been able to get in touch with my friend to find out. Please lift them up in prayer!


On a postive note, my friend Heather had her beautiful baby, Joe Thomas, yesterday. This makes number six and she is so excited. Of course all of my kids say we need a baby too. I am so ready to adopt again. Please pray we can soon. Sorry couldn't get the pic down here.

3 comments:

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Okay, for whatever reason, I still can't see your posts here at work, but I can comment.
Please do come see us Monday or Tuesday, either day is fine. I plan to clean, start decorating for Christmas, all of that fun stuff, but I can do that while you are at my house!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Hey, now I know why I can't see your blog at work....
See, the cutest blog on the block backgrounds don't show up. Your background is red....the font is white, so I can't see white letters on the white backgrounds I see at school.
yeah, I know others are thinking, so what? But, I had to solve the mystery.

Jill and Andy said...

Your family and friends are in our prayers!!! Such a beautiful new baby!!! We are itching to adopt again too- we would love to go back to Ninh Thuan!