Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Weekend

This has been a pretty great weekend. It started out with a win for our local high school football team. We are the reigning state champs and hope to get another title this year. Even though it was absolutely freezing there was still a very large crowd. Jim then came home and set up the sprinkler for the kids. The results...



These were just a few of the beautiful ice creations that the kids got to play with and enjoy. For kids living in the deep south these are the closest we get to any sort of "White Christmas."
Then it was off to my folks house to help my mom. We try to spend as much time as possible over there to give her a break. While we were over there the kids worked on making some Buckeyes. These are like little Reese balls. I think Jim has eaten most of them already. Here are the kids at work...







The kids have also thought it great fun to rake leaves into a big pile. They have made little "roads" all over the yard to get to their big pile. Then they enjoy jumping in them. Wow! Can I still convince them at 16 that it is fun to rake leaves?! Here is Sam posing in front of the pile.





This afternoon my brother took Blake hunting and they saw a few deer. Nothing close enough to shoot. They will try again next weekend. The kids are great and life is fun. As Thanksgiving approaches I am so very thankful for all of my wonderful blessings.

2 comments:

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

I love the photos!

Anonymous said...

Ooo yum! Buckeyes! Beautiful photos!