Wednesday, February 17, 2010

God Cares...

even in the small things. So many of you know that it snowed in South Georgia this past Friday. However, I am here to say that it didn't snow in ALL of south GA. We happened to be visiting my in-laws who live around the Valdosta area (FL line) and it did nothing but rain and get nasty. I was so disappointed because it was snowing back home. I kept talking with my mom and friends to get the latest updates. I even asked Jim if we could drive home (4hrs) and play in the snow and then drive back to the in-laws. He said we just couldn't do it because it would cost to much. Let me tell you I was totally bummed and even had a little righteous indignation (mad!). Anyway, I knew he was right, but it didn't help my feelings. Well, I have a Father who cares for His children and wants to bless them even in the little things. We return home late on Saturday night to find our back porch covered in a lush layer of white. It was absolutely beautiful. I got the camera and took pictures and then we began to play. First we made snow angels and then a snow girl. We even had some in the yard that the kids had a snowball fight with. I'm sure our neighbors preferred their sleep to our laughing and hollering, but I am also sure that they understood. I forgot to bring my card with me to post pics, but I will do that soon. Thank you Jesus for allowing us just enough snow to really enjoy.