Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Wilderness...

As I type this post I am thinking about the new Bible study I have been doing. It is all about the Isrealites and how they walked the desert for forty years. It talks about how God showed up and did miracle after miracle and still the people complained and lacked faith. I think about my own wilderness right now and I pray I am like the "one in a million" who actually made it into the Promised Land. I pray that I keep my faith and continue to believe that God will show up in the midst of this and provide just when I need it.

After saying all that, I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression and think I am some super-spiritual person. Right now Jim and I are walking through one of our darkest moments in our marriage. Due to cutbacks and different other things, we are on the verge of losing our home. I fully believe that God can show up and it can be paid for in an instant. However, I also know that He may be trying to grow us through this trial. I simply ask that you pray for our family. I have been fine thru most of this, but the other night I just sobbed because I had dreams of raising a large family in this 100+ year old house. I love the house and it is within walking distance of Jim's school and I thought the perfect place. Please pray God gives me a peace about leaving, because right now I just don't have it. Also pray that when we have our open house in March that a buyer may come along. We have had it on the market for about a year with no real prospects so I have my doubts.

Thank you God for providing just what we need when we need it! Thank you for walking with me and even carrying me when needed. You are an awesome God and I will still have my faith in You no matter what the outcome of this wilderness.

7 comments:

Tricia said...

I am praying for you and your family.

Tricia said...

I am praying for you and your family. Thank you for sharing so that I can.

Tricia said...

Amy - You are going to think I am nuts for posting twice. Just noticed that you are moderating comments. That is smart.

Lisa said...

It saddens me to hear about your tough times, Amy. I'll be praying for you and your family. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Amy:
Although I don't know you personally we are sisters in Christ and I will be praying for you all.
Leveta

Tina said...

Oh Amy believe me I understand. We've been going thru our own wilderness. I will be praying for you all.

Tina

Willis said...

Sometimes our faith seems weak, but rememeber He is our strength.
Love and prayers,
Heather