Friday, May 11, 2012

Bountiful Harvest....


This is supposed to be a post about our recent bounty, but I had to add a few other pics from Easter.




The first picture is my sweet girl and my adorable little niece in their little matching dresses.  Aren't they just the cutest little girls!



 

The next picture is of my dear family on Easter morning.  It is so rare that we get a picture of the entire family.

Now on to the purpose of this post.

I recently stumbled across a local CSA co-op (no, not the Confederate States of America), but a Community Supported Agriculture co-op!!

Now this is exciting news for me as I have a very limited green thumb (read none) and I really want fresh veggies in our house.  The best part of this CSA is that all the produce is grown organically!!!  That is like WOO-HOO times 10!!!

Today I went and picked up our first share:


We got cauliflower, yellow squash, cucumbers, green cabbage, sweet onions, cherry tomatoes, swiss chard, sweet banana peppers, and fresh garlic chives.


Now a couple of these things I had never heard of but, I am so glad I do now!!

Tonight we had grilled burgers and chips for supper.  I wanted to make my own dip, so I used a tub of sour cream as my base and started adding.  A little garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, a bit of basil and thyme.  It was good, but we still thought it needed a little pa jazz.  So I came back in and added a bit of the garlic chives and fresh onion.  Boy oh boy!!!  That was just the pa jazz it needed!!!  Really, I don't want to brag, but I was quite proud of myself!!!


This journey to healthier eating is ever changing and adventurous for me, but it is also very exciting!!





No comments: