Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Purple Belt

Okay, so it's baseball/softball season again.  And with that comes new teams and new team colors.  Over the years we have accumulated several different color belt and sock combos: red, navy, black, bright blue and even pink.  However this year Grace is purple!

After having bought all new cleats and Blake having outgrown all baseball pants, our budget for this season was shrinking.  Even so, I went to the sports store to look for purple socks and a belt for our softball player.  No such luck!  The socks were not in her size and they didn't even carry purple belts.  Oh well, I guess I will have to order it from somewhere.

So off we go to Goodwill (my new favorite store).  When I go to Goodwill, I walk in and head straight for the children's section.  Then after looking that over good, I head to the housewares.  Today, the kids were with me and as we headed to the children's section Grace said, "Momma, belts!  Let's see if they have a purple baseball belt."  In my head I'm thinking "yeah right," but I said, "Sure, let's look." 

Most of you can figure out the ending.  Sure enough there was a nice purple belt that appeared as if it had never been worn.  I slid the little sizing thing and sure enough it works!!  And the best part, it was only $1.79!! 

Moral of the story:  The LORD will provide for our needs and even many of our wants.  Ephesians 3:20 says it best, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine."  I didn't stop and pray for a purple belt (although I should have) but the Lord provided it because as my Father, He provides good gifts for His children.

Stop and take a moment to see what the LORD has provided for you!

No comments: